Let’s start at the beginning. Spray tanning is a form of self tanning (or sunless tanning) where a fine mist is sprayed onto your body. This mist has an ingredient in it called Dihydroxyacetone (DHA) that interacts with your own skin’s chemistry to turn it tan, or bronze. This temporary effect generally lasts 5-7 days and is completely safe for your skin (although it doesn’t provide any protection against the sun’s rays).
The results you can get from tanning sprays are generally very good. Many celebrities and models prefer spray tanning to just about anything else to get the color they want.
Preparation for Your Airbrush Spray Tan Session
- Shower, shave, and exfoliate prior to your session.
- Do not use oil based body scrubs (Norvell Exfoliator shower gel is recommended for best results, or a simple loofah to exfoliate works well)
- Do NOT use any types of bars of soap (just a basic body wash)
- Do Not apply any lotion, make-up, perfumes, or deodorant
- Wear loose fitting, dark clothing with sandals to put on after your session
- Remove all jewelry before spray tanning
- Under garments or swim ware is up to you, your comfort level, and desired tan line
- Solution is water soluble and will wash out of most fabrics
- Protect your vehicles interior, bring a towel to cover the seat
After Your Airbrush Spray Tan Session
- Keep hands off you at all times until first shower. We recommend applying a lotion to palms or wearing gloves while sleeping
- Rinse hands (tops and bottoms thoroughly) approximately 2-3 hours after session
- Avoid, sweating or any heavy activity until your first shower (Recommended wait time is next day) Minimum 8-10 hours
First Shower After Airbrush Spray Tan Session
- Expect to appear a little darker at first
- You will see cosmetic bronzers rinse off in shower, leaving you with a nice natural looking tan
- Do not scrub with loofah- Gentle, warm showers, and pat skin dry
- Moisturize, Moisturize, Moisturize to ensure even fading and longest results
- Image Sun carries only the best moisturizing tan extenders for your skin care
- For best results you can purchase a “Tan Extender”, which will help slow the natural exfoliating process of you skin.
To keep that beautiful bronze tan all year long, we recommend regular spray tanning once weekly or once every other week.
*Save with Spray Tan Packages: (3 session pkg. $90) (5 session pkg. $125)
*ALL VIP Members receive 25% OFF Single Spray Tan visits
*VIP Sign up or Upgrade VIP, Receive 1 Spray Session for $20.00 ($15.00 Savings)
*Ask about our ”Double Dip”, Stand up Tanning Session, After Spray Tan, For an Added Boost